QUESTION BANK-01 Prepared by Dr. D. Bezbaruah
- What was unusual about M Hamel’s dress on his last day in the school?
- “What a thunderclap these words were to me!” What were the words that shocked and surprised the narrator?
- Who were sitting on the back benches during M Hamel’s last lesson?
- What did M Hamel tell his students about the French language? What did he ask them to do and why?
- What words did M Hamel write on the blackboard before dismissing the last class? What did they mean?
- What made M Hamel cry towards the end of his last lesson?
- How did Franz react to the declaration that it was their last French lesson?
- What was the order from Berlin and what changes did it cause in the school?
- How did M Hamel say farewell to his students and the people of the town?
- What was Franz expected to be prepared with for the school that day?
- What had been put up on the bulletin-board?
- Franz thinks, “Will they make them sing in German, even the pigeons?” What does this tell us about the attitude of the Frenchmen?
- How was the scene in the school in the morning of the last lesson different from that on other days?
- What do you understand by the term ‘Linguistic Chauvinism’?
- What does M Hamel say about the French language?
- Why was Franz late for school on the day of the last lesson?
- What did Franz think after noticing a crowd in front of the bulletin board?
- What did Franz think when the blacksmith called after him not to go to school so fast?
- What is a Bulletin Board?
Ans: Bulletin Board is a tool, just like a notice board, where important news and information is pasted for the public. It served as a very important tool in the era in which there was no print and electronic media through which one could get news and information instantly.