- Why is Rajkumar Shukla described as being ‘resolute’?
- List the places that Gandhi visited between his first meeting with Shukla and his arrival at Champaran.
- What did the peasants pay the British landlords as rent? What did the British now want instead and why? What would be the impact of synthetic indigo on the prices of natural indigo?
- Who was Rajkumar Shukla and why did he come to meet Mahatma Gandhi?
- Where was Champaran located?
- Name the book from which the chapter “Indigo” has been taken.
- Why did the British official commissioner refuse to provide any documents to Mahatma Gandhi?
- What is the capital of Champaran?
- Why did Mahatma Gandhi chided the lawyers?
- How did Gandhi and his supporters win the battle of Champaran?
- How did Gandhi improve the socio-economic conditions of Champaran?
- What were the medicines available in the hospitals of Chamaparan?
- Describe in brief the contribution of Kasturbai Gandhi in Champaran.
- According to your reading of the text, what are the required qualities of a good teacher?
- How did the Champaran incident bring confidence amongst the farmers? How did the ordinary people too contributed to the freedom movement?
- Name the most prominent lawyers who had arrived from Bihar to help Mahatma Gandhi in Champaran.
- Why did the lawyers finally agree to go to jail along
with Mahatma Gandhi?
- Who is the author of Indigo?
- What do you understand by the concept of satyagraha and ahimsa?
- Why do you think Gandhi considered the Champaran episode to be a turning point in his life?